This article explains how to set up CSS Optimizer on your website. Last updated: Dec 14, 2021.
Install CSS Optimizer
Install CSS Optimizer by using “Add Plugins” in your WordPress website.
Setting up CSS Optimizer
- Disable all CSS-related optimizations (such as CSS Minification, Combine CSS and etc) by other plugins like W3 Total Cache, WP Rocket, WP Super Cache, WP Fastest Cache, SiteGround Optimizer, etc. You can leave JS and HTML optimizations on.
- Log in to your ZippiSite account. Or sign up for a free account if you do not have one yet.
- Skip to step 5 if you have selected a plan. Click on View Available Plan and select one that fits your needs.
- Add your website by clicking on Add New. Enter your website domain and click Save.
- If you have previously added a website, go to Customer sites, scroll down and click on the website you are setting up.
- Copy your authentication token.
- On your website, go to CSS Optimizer Options page.
- Paste your authentication token into the Token field.
- Tick the Enable checkbox.
- Click Save Changes.
CSS Optimizer is successfully installed and should start removing Unused CSS for your site.
Note that CSS Optimizer may not work immediately as there can be delays in our API in processing the requests. Please also read more about the Job Queue Tab article to understand more about CSS Optimizer’s Job Queue.
As of version 1.3, Autoptimize is no longer required for CSS Optimizer to work.